Sunday, May 3, 2009

Meet Edna

Three weeks ago I was home for Easter. One night I got to just relax with my dad and I told him about my plans to buy a car. I have a great dad who gave me lots of good advice on how to go about this (so thankful for him)! I wanted to buy in St Louis vs Chicago because of cost and taxes. He offered to shop around and work with the dealerships in my absence. Aw, tanks dad.

My parents also had been considering purchasing a new car as well. They thought that maybe if they walked in to a dealership to buy two cars we might get a better deal.

THEN my sister and Drew were in OKC buying a house when their trusty car, Pete started dying on them (poor Petey). They discussed and decided they were in for a deal too.

So the time between that first conversation with my dad to buying
three Nissans was only 14 days!! Crazy how things just fell together. Praise God for the way He provides for our every need. I just think it’s awesome how He coordinated the needs of 5 people in 3 states to come to a head all at the same time.

Talked to my parents at 4:30 on Friday, was on the 11:55 MegaBus (that did not show up til 1:30am) to StL, showed up at the Nissan dealer at 12:00 on Saturday (having only slept 2 hours), signed my name about 46 times, and by 3:00 was driving away with my very first car!!!

Me and Edna before I brought her home from the dealership!!


Aww, me and Brevin. I really like him!


P.s. we both have blue eyes.


Me and my pops. I love him!!


I did not even feel like the little car was mine until I was driving on the open road from StL back to Chicago on Sunday!

Since this was such a momentous occasion, a photo shoot was definitely required (naturally). AND since my dad and I have identical Versas, we just had to take numerous pictures out in the driveway. I am sure our neighbors are writing to the home owner’s association about our embarrassing display :D
We have matching cars!!


Edward and Edna look so nice in the sun!!


As you can see, we missed our calling. (So sexy)


Don't we look fierce?!
*this photo pose inspired by America's Next Top Model


Their weetle butts are my favorite part!


This one was candid. We do this all the time!
(what a bunch of cheeseballs)


Yippy Skippy!!
Mom captured this frame on the first try. She's got some mad skills!


I just love my parentals! Where would I be without these two?
SO blessed!


You wish you were us.


Just some of my favorites.

3 comments:

Rachel Monfette said...

I wish laughing hysterically was a reaction choice. :)
So proud of you and lil Edna!

Alli McV said...

you, my dear daughter, are an original! you delight and inspire me!!!

Alli McV said...

actually it was 'the mom' who wrote above said post and this post as well....sorry i am so technologically unable to get it to say it is from me ;(