Monday, May 18, 2009

LAST Weekend

I wrote this LAST week about LAST weekend, but forgot to post/publish it. Enjoy...

This past weekend started early. Well, sort of.

We found out that Thursday and Friday were going to be CASUAL DAYS in the office! Jeans, here I come! How does something as insignificant as wearing denim pants make such an enormous difference?
So
Thursday felt like a weekend day because I was in my beloved blue jeans.

Also, I had a very important discussion on GChat concerning the usage of the words forgo/forego and their tenses. Much confusion and hilarity ensued.

On Thursday I met old friends for lunch. I love that I get to call them old friends. Weve been friends since our freshman year in college. Gotta love the bro-sis. Enjoyed some Chipotle and a lot of laughter as Rachel and I did some tag-team-story-telling while Dan Albright just shook his head at us. A good time had by all, I am sure.

Friday was an evening of splurges! Had a mani/pedi (what all the cool people say instead of manicure and pedicure). Got my favorite salad from Portillos and then stayed in and got caught up on The Office and 30 Rock!

Saturday was an important day. It was my roommate Mallorys graduation!! Her parents were so generous to take Val and I out to the Bongo Room for breakfast with their whole family to celebrate Mallory and her huge achievement!!

Then it was time for Rachel and I to go on an adventure to NATURE! It had been several months since returning to our natural habitat. See how serene I look? I am finally home, at one with nature.
Poor Rachel was so patient with me as I made some returns (AND did some bargain hunting) at the Gap.

We did several things that involved but were not limited to paths, bridges, bushes, trees, troubled youth, geese, grassy knolls, the tower of Mordor, Beatles renditions, bare feet.

All of these activities helped to work up an appetite for our favorite restaurant: Teds! So happy to return to the land of paper straws, crushed ice, diet cherry coke and bison! I was very brave and ate a salad that eggs (not avacados like Marcia said) in it.

We met some wonderful servers there. One was nicknamed sweet bottoms, but I prefer the variation of Sweet Cheeks.

The decision t
o embark upon a journey to Target was quite similar to Abraham, in that we went out not knowing where we were going. Having been there once before several months ago we relied on our keen memories to select the correct paths. Unfortunately too many of the streets were named after presidents. After selecting one dead end, we were off and on our way to our destination.

I was very proud of myself for buying toothpaste with mouthwash in it and for
putting the cinnamon rolls back on the shelf.

Rachel and I love technology
and had a ball chatting with my mom on Ednas Bluetooth phone system. We love my mom so much!!

Back to the city to drop off Rachel and leave her to her puppy chow making endeavors.
Picked up Sarah Bear and went to the Logan Square Bar. A cozy lodge-like feel for a bar! One more reason to love Logan Square.

Amish Oatmeal with berries to start off Sunday. Took Sarah with me to Covenant Presbyterian. Met more people in my small group hurray!

Sarah and I experienced Walmart in Chicago for the first time. It was crazy to be some place that familiar in this city. A huge parking lot and everything! We went to pick up Sarahs mattress, finally! She has been without one since January!! Poor mattress-less Sarah.

Mexican for lunch
mmm! How is it so good?

Now its Monday. Weekend over. Until the next one In St. Louis!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Monfette said...

I love enjoying nature and tag teaming stories and talking to your Mom on speaker and sipping out of paper straws WITH YOU!!